Sunday 23 February 2014

God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .

God Quotes About Life Biography.

Source:(Google.com.pk)


Get quotes daily
Join Goodreads
 Stephen HawkingStephen Hawking > Quotes


Stephen Hawking quotes (showing 1-30 of 123)
“We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: inspirational, science 2573 likes like
“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: ignorance, knowledge 1357 likes like
“Quiet people have the loudest minds.” 
― Stephen Hawking
582 likes like
“Even if there is only one possible unified theory, it is just a set of rules and equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe? The usual approach of science of constructing a mathematical model cannot answer the questions of why there should be a universe for the model to describe. Why does the universe go to all the bother of existing?” 
― Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time
tags: philosophy, science, search-for-meaning 480 likes like
“One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.”
― Stephen Hawking
tags: philosophy, science 427 likes like
“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” 
― Stephen Hawking
404 likes like
“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. ” 
― Stephen Hawking
287 likes like
“Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: humour, science, wisdom 260 likes like
“[In the Universe it may be that] Primitive life is very common and intelligent life is fairly rare. Some would say it has yet to occur on Earth.” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: humor, science, stupidity 217 likes like
“It surprises me how disinterested we are today about things like physics, space, the universe and philosophy of our existence, our purpose, our final destination. Its a crazy world out there. Be curious.” 
― Stephen Hawking
202 likes like
“I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: computer-viruses, computers, creation 182 likes like
“My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: goal-universe-understanding 147 likes like
“The victim should have the right to end his life, if he wants. But I think it would be a great mistake. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there's life, there is hope.” 
― Stephen Hawking
137 likes like
“My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.” 
― Stephen Hawking
136 likes like
“It is all right to make mistakes; nothing is perfect because with perfection, we would not exist.” 
― Stephen Hawking
133 likes like
“I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: atheism, inspirational, science 131 likes like
“There is a fundamental difference between religion, which is based on authority, and science, which is based on observation and reason. Science will win because it works.” 
― Stephen Hawking
120 likes like
“The downside of my celebrity is that I cannot go anywhere in the world without being recognized. It is not enough for me to wear dark sunglasses and a wig. The wheelchair gives me away.” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: humor, science 105 likes like
“Although I cannot move and I have to speak through a computer, in my mind I am free.” 
― Stephen Hawking, Sigan Ŭn Hangsang Mirae Ro Hŭrŭnŭnʼga: Hokʻing Paksa Ŭi Chaemi Innŭn Chʻoesin Ujuron
96 likes like
“Not only does God play dice but... he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: quantum-physics 84 likes like
“So long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is really completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would have neither beginning nor end: it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: religion, science 79 likes like
“To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the human spirit.” 
― Stephen Hawking
76 likes like
“I don't think the human race will survive the next thousand years, unless we spread into space.” 
― Stephen Hawking
73 likes like
“One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn't exist.....Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist” 
― Stephen Hawking
71 likes like
“I have noticed that even those who assert that everything is predestined and that we can change nothing about it still look both ways before they cross the street” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: chance, death, destiny, life 70 likes like
“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. If you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away.” 
― Stephen Hawking
69 likes like
“What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary.” 
― Stephen Hawking
tags: philosophy, physics 69 likes like
“I'm not afraid of death, but I'm in no hurry to die.” 
― Stephen Hawking
66 likes like
“ You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it.” 
― Stephen Hawking
66 likes like
“So Einstein was wrong when he said, "God does not play dice." Consideration of black holes suggests, not only that God does play dice, but that he sometimes confuses us by throwing them where they can't be seen.” 
― Stephen Hawking

tags: einstein, quantum-physics, refutation 62 likes like

Gandhi on God & Religion
Top 10 Quotations

By Subhamoy Das
Ads: Faith God Quotations Quotes Hindu Philosophy Gandhi
Ads
What Is Death?
www.grailmessage.com
Does Everything Really End With It? "In the Light Of Truth"
C'est quoi l'islam?
www.islamreligion.com/fr
Connaitre l'islam et convertion avec Service d'aide par Chat
Unprecedented.
fatherandsonbusiness.co.uk
Can not do it wrong when you have never done it right @Number10gov
Ads
Salvation-How God Saves
www.godsavesus.com
How our Creator reconciles with us through his great sacrifice
The Ultimate Core
www.biblestudyonjesuschrist.com
The Rock Bottom Foundation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
MK Gandhi (1869 - 1948), India’s “Father of the Nation,” who spearheaded the country’s Freedom Movement for Independence from British Rule is known for his famous words of wisdom on God, life and religion. Here are some of the most noteworthy ones…
Religion - a Matter of the Heart: "True religion is not a narrow dogma. It is not external observance. It is faith in God and living in the presence of God. It means faith in a future life, in truth and Ahimsa…. Religion is a matter of the heart. No physical inconvenience can warrant abandonment of one's own religion."
Belief in Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma): "I call myself a Sanatani Hindu, because I believe in the Vedas, the Upanishads, the Puranas, and all that goes by the name of Hindu scripture, and therefore in avataras and rebirth; I believe in the varnashrama dharma in a sense, in my opinion strictly Vedic but not in its presently popular crude sense; I believe in the protection of cow … I do not disbelieve in murti puja." (Young India: June 10, 1921)
The Teachings of the Gita: "Hinduism as I know it entirely satisfies my soul, fills my whole being … When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and when I see not one ray of light on the horizon, I turn to the Bhagavad Gita, and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. My life has been full of tragedies and if they have not left any visible and indelible effect on me, I owe it to the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita." (Young India: June 8, 1925)
Seeking God: "I worship God as Truth only. I have not yet found Him, but I am seeking after Him. I am prepared to sacrifice the things dearest to me in pursuit of this quest. Even if the sacrifice demanded my very life, I hope I may be prepared to give it.
The Future of Religions: No religion which is narrow and which cannot satisfy the test of reason, will survive the coming reconstruction of society in which the values will have changed and character, not possession of wealth, title or birth will be the test of merit.
Faith in God: "Everyone has faith in God though everyone does not know it. For everyone has faith in himself and that multiplied to the nth degree is God. The sum total of all that lives is God. We may not be God, but we are of God, even as a little drop of water is of the ocean."
God is Strength: "Who am I? I have no strength save what God gives me. I have no authority over my countrymen save the pure moral. If He holds me to be a pure instrument for the spread of non-violence in place of the awful violence now ruling the earth, He will give me the strength and show me the way. My greatest weapon is mute prayer. The cause of peace is therefore, in God's good hands."
Christ - a Great Teacher: "I regard Jesus as a great teacher of humanity, but I do not regard him as the only begotten son of God. That epithet in its material interpretation is quite unacceptable. Metaphorically we are all sons of God, but for each of us there may be different sons of God in a special sense. Thus for me Chaitanya may be the only begotten son of God … God cannot be the exclusive Father and I cannot ascribe exclusive divinity to Jesus." (Harijan: June 3, 1937)
No Conversion, Please: "I believe that there is no such thing as conversion from one faith to another in the accepted sense of the word. It is a highly personal matter for the individual and his God. I may not have any design upon my neighbour as to his faith, which I must honour even as I honour my own. Having reverently studied the scriptures of the world I could no more think of asking a Christian or a Musalman, or a Parsi or a Jew to change his faith than I would think of changing my own." (Harijan: September 9, 1935)
All Religions are True: "I came to the conclusion long ago … that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and whilst I hold by my own, I should hold others as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we are Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu … But our innermost prayer should be a Hindu should be a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, a Christian a better Christian." (Young India: January 19, 1928)
Related Articles
Religion Quotes by Mark Twain
Pentecost Experience - Embee's Pentecost Experience is Christian Testim...
Jennifer's Faith - Christian Testimony of a Transformed Life
The Bhagavad-Gita - Full Text Translation of the Hindu Classical Scripture
How Do You Define Hinduism?
 Subhamoy Das
Subhamoy Das 
About.com Hinduism
Sign up for My Newsletter
Headlines Forum
Advertisement


More from the Web
Sponsored Content by nRelate
7 Common Mistakes That Trigger Alzheimers in Your Brain
7 Common Mistakes That Trigger Alzheimers in Your Brain
Newsmax Health
What the Bible Says About Investing (Shocking)
What the Bible Says About Investing (Shocking)
Money News
What the Bible Says About Money (Shocking)
What the Bible Says About Money (Shocking)
Money News
4 Signs Youll Have a Heart Attack
4 Signs Youll Have a Heart Attack
Newsmax Health
Top Related Searches Sanatana Dharma Mk Gandhi Belief In Hinduism Hindu Scripture Living In The Presence Of God Bhagavad Gita
Explore Hinduism
Must Reads
Hinduism for Beginners
Glossary of Hindu Terms
Hindu Baby Name Finder
Top 12 Hinduism Videos
2014 Festivals Calendars
Most Popular
When Are the Hindu Holidays in 2014?
15 Surprising Health Benefits of Hinduism's...
Hindu / Indian Baby Names Glossary
What Does 'Namaste' Really Mean?
Hinduism for Beginners
Free Hinduism Newsletter!
Sign Up
By Category
The Basics
Gods & Goddesses
Gurus & Saints
Scriptures & Epics
Festivals & Holidays
Temples & Societies
Arts & Culture
Matrimonial & Wedding
Ayurveda & Healthcare
Yoga & Meditation
Vedic Astrology
 About.comHinduism
About.comReligion & SpiritualityHinduismThe BasicsIndia: Past & PresentGandhi on God & Religion: Top 10 Quotations..

Quotes tagged as "life-of-pi" (showing 1-21 of 21)
Yann Martel
“The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity; it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can.” 
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
tags: life-of-pi 340 likes like
Yann Martel
“We believe what we see.’...What do you do when you’re in the dark?” 
― Yann Martel
tags: life-of-pi 62 likes like
Yann Martel
“I can well imagine an athiest's last words: "White, white! L-L-Love! My God!" - and the deathbed leap of faith. Whereas the agnostic, if he stays true to his reasonable self, if he stays beholden to dry, yeastless factuality, might try to explain the warm light bathing him by saying "Possibly a f-f-failing oxygenation of the b-b-brain," and, to the very end, lack imagination and miss the better story.” 
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
tags: life-of-pi 50 likes like
Yann Martel
“So tell me, since it makes no factual difference to you and you can't prove the question either way, which story do you prefer? Which is the better story, the story with animals or the story without animals?' Mr. Okamoto: 'That's an interesting question?' Mr. Chiba: 'The story with animals.' Mr. Okamoto: 'Yes. The story with animals is the better story.' Pi Patel: 'Thank you. And so it goes with God.” 
― Yann Martel
tags: controversy, dialogue, faith, god, ideas, life-of-pi, religion, story 42 likes like
Yann Martel
“I did not count the days or the weeks or the months. Time is an illusion that only makes us pant. I survived because I forgot even the very notion of time.” 
― Yann Martel
tags: life-of-pi 41 likes like
Yann Martel
“It's amazing how willpower can build walls.” 
― Yann Martel
tags: life, life-of-pi 28 likes like
Yann Martel
“Gloom is but a shadow of a cloud passing by” 
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
tags: life-of-pi 28 likes like
Yann Martel
“To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is ken to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.” 
― Yann Martel
tags: life-of-pi 22 likes like
Yann Martel
“Atheists are my brothers and sisters of a different faith, and every word they speak speaks of faith. Like me, they go as far as the legs of reason will carry them -- and then they leap.” 
― Yann Martel
tags: faith, life-of-pi, reason, yann-martel 21 likes like
“All living things contain a measure of madness that moves them in strange, sometimes inexplicable ways.” 
― Yan Martel
tags: life-of-pi 20 likes like
Yann Martel
“A house is a compressed territory where our basic needs can be fulfilled close by and safely.” 
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
tags: life, life-of-pi, philosophy-of-life 18 likes like
Yann Martel
“It was a huge zoo, spread over numberless acres, big enough to require a train to explore it, though it seemed to get smaler as I grew older, train included. Now it's so small it fits in my head.” 
― Yann Martel
tags: life-of-pi, zoos 16 likes like
Yann Martel
“How true is that necessity is the mother of invention, how very true.” 
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
tags: life-of-pi, martel, yann-martel 10 likes like
Yann Martel
“I know a woman here in Toronto who is very dear to my heart. She was my foster mother. I call her Auntieji and she likes that. She is Quebecoise. Though she has lived in Toronto for over thirty years, her French-speaking mind still slips on occasion on the understanding of English sounds. And so, when she first heard of Hare Krishnas, she didn't hear right. She heard "Hairless Christians", and that is what they were to her for many years. When I corrected her, I told her that in fact she was not so wrong; that Hindus, in their capacity for love, are indeed hairless Christians, just as Muslims, in the way they see God in everything, are bearded Hindus, and Christians, in their devotion to God, are hat-wearing Muslims.” 
― Yann Martel
tags: life-of-pi 9 likes like
Yann Martel
“Mockery be damned, my urine looked delicious.” 
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
tags: hilarious, life-of-pi, survival 8 likes like
Yann Martel
“Books lined the shelves of bookstores like kids standing in a row to play baseball or soccer, and mine was the gangly, unathletic kid that no one wanted on their team.” 
― Yann Martel
tags: life-of-pi 6 likes like
Yann Martel
“I knelt a mortal; I rose an immortal.” 
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
tags: calmness, elevation-after-prayers, life-of-pi, praying, salah 5 likes like
Yann Martel
“Time and sunshine healed a sore, but the process was slow, and new boils appeared if I didn't stay dry.” 
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
tags: healing, life-of-pi, metaphor, pain, suffering, time 4 likes like
“It's the plain truth: without Richard Parker, I wouldn't be alive today to tell you my story” 
― Yann Martel Life of Pi
tags: inspiring, life, life-of-pi, richard-parker 4 likes like
Yann Martel
“But I want to pray to Allah. I want to be a Christian.” 
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
tags: allah, christianity, life-of-pi, religion 3 likes like
Yann Martel
“Khi ta đã chịu nhiều đau đớn ở đời, mỗi một nỗi đau mới sẽ vừa nặng trĩu mà cũng lại chẳng là gì.” 
― Yann Martel, Pin Up
tags: life-of-pi 1 likes like
All Quotes | My Quotes | Add A Quote 



Browse By Tag
 
love (26637) humor (23522) inspirational (19761) life (18009) funny (6513) romance (5529) death (5480) writing (5438) truth (4991) god (4799) religion (4502) philosophy (4420) poetry (4380) wisdom (4243) books (3523) science (3521) happiness (3491) inspiration (3233) faith (3107) relationships (2977) humour (2955) politics (2713) inspirational-quotes (2678) reading (2672) art (2632) success (2565) women (2503) war (2502) hope (2449) friendship (2446) More...


God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .
God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .
God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .
God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .
God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .
God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .
God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .
God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .
God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .
God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .
God Quotes About Life Quotes Life Tumblr Lessons Goes on Is Short and Love God is Too Short is LIke a Camera is good .



No comments:

Post a Comment